Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Fishing Trip

Last Friday Dad took Sean and I fishing in the Marlborough Sounds. I took my homework with me to do on the boat. Here I am doing my homework.I caught a kahawai when we were trolling. This is a bait fish that I caught. I used flies that are tiny hooks with tiny, reflector, shiny bits to catch bait fish.
Here I am early on Saturday morning pulling in a huge stingray. It got away. I felt really disappointed because it would have weighed a lot and I could have got lots of points for it.
This is a photo of me with the huge snapper that Dad caught at three o'clock in the morning.
I also caught a bit of the bottom.
When we got home Dad cut it up in to fillets and here is what it looked like before that.
It was so much fun because I had not been out on an overnighter for a while.

1 comment:

Moturoa said...

Liam's Mum gave me some fillet of the snapper to have for my tea. They were very yummy because they were caught nice and fresh.

Thank you Sefton, Liam and Sean

Allanah K