Tuesday, May 08, 2007

We Won!!!!!!!

Here is the text of a letter I got in my email tonight! Remember when we entered the competition last term when we tried to monitor the health of the Appleby River??? We sent in our results and guess what???

We won!

Kia ora Allanah,

Congratulations on being chosen as one of our major prize winners for March Monitoring Month. Your project was fantastic, and your prize is a stream health test kit (SHMAK) valued at $445. I will get this to you as soon as possible along with a letter of congratulations.

Well done once again!

Regards,

Aaron Fleming
Environmental Education Officer
The Royal Society of New Zealand

6 comments:

Mr Harrington said...

Excellent News - well done to you on your prize - it is well deserved : ) we have also passed on our congratulations to The Voyagers what clever schools you are!!! It must be the teachers.... Well Done.

Class 3H Cefn Fforest

Mrs. Sullivan said...

Wow! Congratulations. You sure must know a lot about water. Well done.

Elliott said...

I looked at the blog this morning and was just looking at everything new and I saw we won so I started reading it and what do we get I bet you are going to tell the whole class about it WOW!!!!!!!!

By Elliott

Moturoa said...

I am not sure exactly what we get in the kit but I think it would be all the things we need to test the health of a stream or river- litmus paper, thermometer, long clarity tube, conductivity tester, water flow guage- what else???

I hope it arrives soon.

Miss K

Room 2's Blog said...

Allanhah,
We here at Hira are in the middle of a blog session. We are browsing through your blog and have noticed that you have won the Shmak kit - congratulations. We were also delighted to see the photo of the Hira children in the Wakapuaka River. We are so impressed with your blog and inspired to get blogging.

Cheers,
Hira School team.

Moturoa said...

Welcome Hira School to the blogging world. I looked at your blog place but couldn't find any posts. You must be a VERY new blogger!!

Is that your school in the photo I grabbed from the Waterways people? The SHMAK kit manual is huge! Can I come and visit you some time and see how you use the kit????

Miss K