Friday, February 16, 2007

Miss K talks with teachers in Alabama

Through my interest in using computers to communicate with other students and teachers around the world I have been asked by Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach, an reknowned American speaker and educational motivator, to share the wonderful things we have been doing in our class with other teachers in College of William and Mary University in Williamsburg, Virginia and just this Thursday with a group of teachers in Alabama.
We used this incredible piece of technology- Eluminate- where I talk to the group and they can see, in real time, the websites, Powerpoint, presentations and the like that I am showing them.
I was very nervous before I started but Sheryl helped fill in the gaps when I got tongue-tied. After I had said my piece the teachers from Alabama could ask questions and seek clarification. The group was very impressed with the things that we are doing. Through this link I hope to make new links with other classes across the globe.

If you would like to see how Eluminate works then click on this Eluminate Link to a video that shows you how it worked. Click on the distance learning link to see what we were doing.

It was a real buzz to be able to share our e-learning in such a way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited to have your teacher helping teach teachers in the United States! She is doing a fantastic job with the teachers in training that live in Williamsburg, Virginia and the teachers who all have classrooms that live in Alabama.

You are very lucky to have such a smart, capable teacher like Miss K.